Thursday 14 June 2012

Sobriety is Overrated

I have also decided to include a 'Word of the Moment' section in to this steaming pile of linguistic excrement in order to attempt to make it a little bit more literary.

This word may be one that is not used nearly enough in conversation, one that is used regularly but incorrectly, one that I or my fellow silly heads have made up just for funzies (exhibit A), one that I had never even heard of or perhaps just one that I like the sound of...

Thus, I present to you *drum roll please*

'The Pixie's Word of the Moment'

Verisimilitude (noun)

Definition: Authenticity - appearing or having the appearance of being true

Example: "The verisimilitude of the following statement should not be underestimated: I will set you on fire and chargrill your first born if you chew with your mouth open infront of me again, you droning land slug"

I thank you.

I didn't even know that 'extirpation' was a word - brilliant!


The Pixie's Thesaurus of Rant was brought to you today by the letter F and the number 19 and the flagrant abuse of the following websites:  Your Dictionary and Thesaurus.com


No comments:

Post a Comment